Monday, August 31, 2009

I dreamed a dream…

A couple of nights ago, I had a rather perplexing dream and am baffled as to its meaning. I dreamt I was at Mass at St. Teresa’s in which all four priests there presided. All four priests wore black, gold, violet and green palliums over their chasubles. My dream occurred during communion, I had noticed a woman getting in and out of line seemingly undecided whether or not to receive the Eucharist. When she decided to get back in line the last time, she put out her hand to get in front of a young girl in a white communion dress. The young girl began to cry and the priest refused the woman communion. The woman started to scream and cry hysterically, and then two priests took her each by the arm and dragged her out of the church.
I am rather upset by this dream and I find it disturbing. I have been unable to think about anything else. The only thing I could find on the internet was this…
“To dream of communion, symbolizes your conflict with the material world and the spiritual world. You are torn between your values and your feelings. Alternatively, the dream indicates a betrayal. You may also be seeking some form of acceptance”.

If anyone reads this, what are your thoughts?

1 comment:

Theodoric said...

You're kinda strange, Kellie! JJ. You should ask Anna C - she has unusual religious dreams every now and them. I dream about work-related stress issues and elephants chasing me - but I get away because I run into the mall - Anne Hathaway comforts me.

If I had to interpret it... woman's hesitating because she's actually concerned whether she's in a stat of grace or not, but she is, so she's upset about being denied communion. The girl in the white dress has the appearance of purity, but isn't -she's not in a state of grace and doesn't care to reflect, thinking herself worthy. Looks the part, but it's a deception. She's sad afterwards because she' done herself more harm than good receiving unworthily.

Why's the lady dragged out of the Church? Maybe because sometimes priests regard the "scrupulous" in a negative light when they're just trying to be as respectful to the Eucharist as possible (perhaps ruffling some feathers in the process)??

You're a freak :) Liked the previous post, too. You surprise me with your writing style!